What are the five best reasons to drink Rosé wine? Well we don’t think you need a reason to indulge in this delicious, light and summery drink. But if you still need convincing, then read on sweeties!
Summer makes us think of the beach, picnics and lazy evenings spent with friends. All of these are the perfect opportunity to indulge in a Rosé moment
. So, read on for our five best reasons to drink rose wine.
It looks festive
– Rosé wine is the perfect celebratory summer drink, and we think it’s also a great year-round aperitif. Provence
produces some of the best Rosé wines, that are pale pink in colour, with zesty, berry flavours that are low in alcohol, but high in fun. It’s no coincidence that when temperatures soar, so do sales of Rosé.
It tastes delicious
- See above! Rosé comes in a variety of colours, but we prefer to stick to the palest blush, which delivers a fresh, uncomplicated and fruity mouthful. There are several award-winning Rosé’s including Mirabeau Pure Provence Rosé
, which is one of our favourites, reminiscent of a sun soaked day in the South of France.
– Rosé wine is not meant to be cellared. Rather it is an ‘immediate’ wine, to be opened with friends and enjoyed chilled. You can buy a decent Rosé for under US$15. You can’t go far wrong if you look for Aix-en-Provence or Côtes de Provence Rosé. We also like the crisp acidity of English Chapel Down Rosé
, which smells of strawberries, and is simply summer in a glass.
It’s great with food
– Rosé can be paired with a range of dishes. It goes well with anything Mediterranean including salads, light pasta choices, seafood and it is also particularly good with Asian food.
There’s a Rosé to suit every mood
– While we prefer the pale Provencal Rosé, there are many options and
colours to try. Try experimenting with Rosé wines produced in California, Spain, Portugal, Australia and South Africa.
Cheers sweeties! We hope our fives best reasons to drink Rosé wine have convinced you to take time this summer to indulge in your own Rosé moment!